Sunday, February 21, 2010

New Kid in Town


My Sedona Loosen Up Workshop, May 24-28 features all my Loosen Up techniques and favorite color combinations.

“New Kid in Town” was a painting demo of turning loose colorful drips and splashes into a painting of trees. This painting demonstrated my “negative shapes” painting technique. Using an opaque color, I painted in the sky and the spaces between the tree trunks giving the illusion of a row of trees without actually painting the individual trees. Later, one tree became the Focal Point when I added more red splashes in a concentrated spot.

Much of my new work is looser, more suggestive and painted with a specific limited palette of colors. My painting themes tend to either be a single subject - like a pear or a storytelling tale from personal stuff - like circus, magic, landscapes and dreams.

No comments: